Wednesday, January 7, 2009

White cream raspberry hugs milk chocolate kisses- 7

If you are not sure what I'm talking about with the title of this post, you need to check out the most recent Hershey kisses release. Yum! I'm lovin' raspberry and chocolate!

At Ruby's preschool they have a fun thing called Spotlight. If a kid has their birthday during the school year then they get to have their mom come and show pictures and bring a treat. If the kid has a birthday in the summer (Ruby) then they get to have a spotlight day. So today I went to Ruby's school for her spotlight.
It was so much fun. I seriously love her preschool! We brought Dewie with us. She was in doggie heaven. All those kids to lick! Where to start?! Dewie is so calm. She just sniffed here and there. She wagged her tail and made new friends. Oh yea, this is about Ruby...
Cassi also came with us. We are new to the preschool scene, so she scoped it out for Baylee's spotlight in a few weeks.
I got to hear so many wonderful comments about my Ruby. It was confirming everything I already knew, but it was still fun to hear. Teacher said that Ruby is really quiet. Oh wait, that is a new one for me. SHE TALKS NON-STOP AT HOME!!! Teacher also said that she never has to ask Ruby to do anything more than once. Mrs. Jensen said that Ruby is so kind to everyone and that she loves her beautiful, curly hair. We talked for a few minutes and then Ruby got to hold the flag for the Pledge of Allegiance. Then I got to tell the class all about Ruby. I showed lots of pictures of her. Then they asked Ruby to pick a few people to choose their favorite picture of Ruby. Well, Ruby got a huge smile on her face and chose Mrs. Jensen. Mrs. Jensen started to laugh and said to teacher, "I told you! I told you Ruby would pick me!" Teacher then explained that no one ever picks Mrs. Jensen. But Mrs. Jensen knew that Ruby would pick her because Ruby is so nice and kind. She is my little thoughtful, sweet girl. It makes me so happy to know that outside of our little home Ruby is being good and wonderful, and making friends.
I did talk about some of my favorite things about Ruby.
Ruby was born on the day after Father's Day. We did not find out if she was going to be a girl or a boy. If she was a boy, we were going to name her Ellis. I was very happy to have a girl. She was so beautiful and perfect. She was born the day after Father's Day. We decided her middle name as Lewis. After Lewis went through chemo we were not sure if we could have kids. We felt very lucky that we did not have any problems getting pregnant with Ruby, so we named her after her miracle dad.
When we are by a lake, we always have to stop so Ruby can put her toes in the water.
Ruby's favorite holidays are Christmas and Valentine's Day.
Ruby loves to sing and make up her own songs.
We taught Ruby sign language. She could sign things to us before she could talk. She still remembers most of the signs.
Ruby loves to help us cook. (Don't worry. If I am making food to give away, I don't let the kids help. And I wash my hands often while cooking). She really likes to help Lew make cinnamon rolls on Saturday night for Sunday morning.
Ruby loves the mountains and loves to go on hikes. She's good too!
Ruby is mini mom. She watches over Zane. She makes sure that he is safe. If you ever watch Curious George in the mornings. There is a character-Bill. He is always explaining the proper way to do something. That is Ruby. She has even borrowed that phrase when teaching Zane something.
I did find out that Ruby wants to be a mom someday. She is going to have 5 kids. The girls will be named Lila and Cherry Blossom. The boys will be named Puck, Transformer and Truck. She also wants to teach dance to Children.
Here are a few pictures that I showed in class today.

Ruby was just a few days old here. She still had a touch of jaundice. Look how little! Look how sleepy Lewis was!

I scanned this picture crooked. This was Ruby's first smile on camera.

We go up into the mountains on conference weekend. This is a sweet picture of my two Lews in 2004.

I love this picture of Ruby. She was about 6 months old. Her grandma Jo made this hat. She looks so sweet.

This is Ruby on the riding lawn mower with Grandpa Larry and cousin Emma.

I'm so grateful for my Ruby. I love her so much. She amazes me. She is my little sunshine. She is always so happy and easy to get along with. She is entertainment all day long. Even when it is time for bed she could tell you stories for hours and hours. When Grandma Deb babysits, she will put Ruby to bed and it takes a few hours. I don't know where she gets the talent for rambling on and on from?.....









4 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

I loved this post about Ruby. I learned a lot about her.

Sadie was the same way in preschool. Miss Sandra always would comment to me about how quiet she was. And I used to think it was so funny because she was SO not quiet at home.

I am coming to your house on Sunday mornings from now on if you have homemade cinnamon rolls. YUM! My favorite thing in the world.

I can't believe how much hair she had even as a baby. Beautiful girl!

The Egans said...

I love this post too! It made me cry! What a sweet little girl and a sweet Mommy! Ruby is a beauty and sounds like such a fun,sweet little thing! Let's get together soon!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

I've got to try the raspberry kisses . . .yummy. That little Ruby sounds so cute. I would kill for her curls.

Jessica said...

I loved hearing about Ruby's adorable little personality. She seems so thoughtful and sweet everytime I see her. Just like her Momma I guess