Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Foolin' around, again!

If you have a weak stomach, proceed with caution...

Today Lew came home from work mad. He said that he had cut his pinkie finger on a razor blade. Now the middle finger (see earlier post titled- Foolin' around, Foolin' around) and his pinkie finger were bandaged up.
I had just finished running and I heard Lew come in the house and ask where I was at. When I saw that he was mad again, I said, "What happened?" And then I noticed his pants had an air conditioned hole in the knee area. Lewis was using the grinder on a piece of metal. It was metal that needed to be held in the vice because it wiggled when he was working on it. He was kneeling on the ground and the grinder cut into his leg. We went into the bath and took off his pants. I grabbed the first aid kit (and the camera) along the way. This is the scene...
I busted out the hydrogen peroxide and Lew was ready to clean it up. He noticed it had a lot of junk in it. He thought it was burnt flesh, black pants and who knew what else? He gave in and we took him into the after hours emergency care. Thank heavens for my mom who is on-call 24 hours a day for her kids emergency room visits. She met us there and took the kids. Lewis was hoping that it was be a quick visit so he could get to his heat transfer lab at school. No such luck.



This is just the wounds from the past 7 days. We could not help laughing at the staff of the clinic. They would see his leg, ask how it happened and then ask the same questions about his hand. The doctor that stitched him up asked if he had ever had stitches before. That was a crack up. I was able to peek into the wound when all the gunk was getting cleaned out. The big black thing was his muscle. The yellow stuff was fat. It was interesting. We had our own Body Worlds exhibit in West Valley.
Lew ended up having three inside stitches and four external stitches. Not too bad. He's seen worse. Lets hope this is the last accident for a few weeks.

3 comments:

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

Sick!! How did we end up with two accident prone husbands? At least they aren't couch potatoes, right?!

Jessica said...

Hey! Sorry to hear about the new accident. It looks even worse than the other one.

The Egans said...

I should have proceeded with caution! Oh man, I have a weak stomach! That is no fun at all! Poor Lewis! Tell him to stop doing that!