Almond Roca. Mmmmm....
Lew's mom, Jo, makes this uncontrollably good Almond Roca. It is soooooo gooood. I can't resist having just one little square! Here is the recipe. You will not regret making this. It is one of the key elements of a good Christmas. If you are going to make this, read through the entire recipe because the ingredients are listed throughout.
Cream:
1 c butter
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
Add:
1 beaten egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
Add:
2 c CAKE flour (muy importante to have cake flour. All purpose flour will not do the trick)
Mix thoroughly and pat mixture into a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes so it is golden brown. Break up squares of a Hershey chocolate bar, Symphony bar (I used two 10 oz bars), or a chocolate orange for a citrus kick. When the cookie part is done baking, place the chocolate on top. Put it back in the oven for about 30 seconds to a minute. Spread the melted chocolate over the cookie. Then sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Cut while warm. Make more because it is never enough. I suggest listening to the SheDaisy Christmas Album while making this. Much more fun...
Festival of Trees!
We went to the festival of Trees tonight. I haven't been there for about 10 years. Lewis and I went and it was so crowed, that we vowed to not go again. But, I decided to take the kids because I thought they would love it. WRONG. Ruby was slightly amused, Zane had to be carried around and promised sugar to make it through the trees. Oh, why do I even try?! Here are a few quick pictures of torture in front of our favorite trees.

3 comments:
Yep, we went too for a dance performance. It was so crowded that we ended up looking at probably 2 rows of trees and called it good.
Did you see Chelsie's tree? Thank you again for those princess pictures! Sawyer loves them!
Man, you are a cookie making machine! It's awesome! We haven't ventured out to the festival yet. I'm afraid the boys aren't ready yet. This post is convincing me of that more. Maybe it'll have to be a date night.
Post a Comment