A few days ago I preheated the oven to cook spaghetti squash. I was then summoned to the bathroom to help kid one. Kid number two was yelling for help in the back yard. While running through the kitchen a few minutes later I noticed there were flames jumping from the oven?! What in the world could that be?!
After putting out the fire with baking soda and water, I inspected the damage to see what it was. It was a plastic lid with dough for donuts on it. My Sweet Lew always makes donuts on Halloween. He put three of them in the oven to rise, and to keep away from Koko, and forgot to remove them.
I wasn't mad. Accidents happen.
When Lew got home I reminded him that he had left them in the oven. His reply was, "Oh. Well did you learn your lesson?"
Ruby became so upset. She gave Lew the run down of how it was his fault and that he needs to not leave stuff in the oven. Lew held up his opinion, that I should have checked the oven before turning it on.
So, my dear readers, who is to blame? Lew, myself, or should we both be a bit more careful? Share your opinion. We won't hold it against you. This is kinda fun!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Itchy Back
Posted by Amber at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I used to pretend that the oven was my mailbox as a kid. So, I'd leave lots of paper and mail in the oven. My Mom did the same thing as you. I almost burnt the house down. I got in BIG trouble... Sorry Lew but YOU LOSE!!! :)
Lewis. It's always the man's fault! Adam's grandma uses the oven (and dishwasher) as storage. So if you want to use her oven you best be cleaning out all of the treasures first. But for real, I'll say it's both of your faults. That sounds like a good thing to say, no taking sides...
Post a Comment