Friday, September 10, 2010

Preschool for my boy

My little Zane is his own comedy routine.
Today he had me tape a transformer to his left hand. He left it there during lunch ("'Cause I can use my other hand silly!") and for two hours after so he could keep it with him for-ev-er.
This is the trap to catch any skunks that come through the doggie door.

This past Wednesday Zane started preschool.
It is the same preschool as last year, but this year is the 4 year old program.
Zane has been so excited because he goes to school with his friends Austin and Lucy.
I love this picture, below, of Zane in class. Look at the way he is sitting. Lew, Ruby and Zane sit this way with their ankles criss crossed and their bums on top. It's uncomfortable, don't try it.
This is teacher with Zane.
Both of his teachers gave Zane a big smooch on the cheek before he left. When I dropped Zane off, there was no big hug, or tears. I had to tap him on the shoulder to let him know I was leaving.
I had two and a half hours all to my self.
I went running.
I went to the store.
I went home and I was missing my kids.
The house was quiet.
The dogs were spooked.
Koko and Dewie followed me for the next hour just wondering what I did with the kids.
How am I going to adjust to having 5 hours to my self each week?

3 comments:

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

He is definitley a funny kid! I like the scrunched up face picture!!

The Stone's said...

I know! Have another baby! I'm full of good ideas! :)

The Harding Hive said...

I like the scrunched up face picture too. He's so incredibly cute!


And I agree with Shay. Do it! You make beautiful children.