I have all these little things floating in my head that I want to post, and not one of them have a connection to the other. Here you go...
I killed a snake. First one for me. It was creepy. And I felt incredibly guilty after.
Zane and I were hanging out in the trunk of my car. I had been trying all kinds of combinations of trying to get my bike to fit in my trunk. The seat folds down so I thought it was a possibility. Nope. I was very frustrated. Zane was loving the open area so we played in there for a bit. (I also have explained the dangers of playing in the trunk of cars. So he is clear not to do that without mom.) I saw something wiggling in the seam of the driveway. SNAKE! This is the third snake in our yard this year! I really didn't want to kill it, but Ruby has bad dreams about snakes. If she came home from school and this snake was just chillin' on our rocks, bad dreams for two weeks. So I grabbed a shovel and moved the snake down the driveway about 10 feet so it wouldn't go in the garage. Zane seconded the motion to kill the snake because it was not red and black. I killed it Gilbert. I killed it. And then I couldn't scrape it off the driveway. Ten minutes later I was able to get the carcass on the shovel without touching it, while some cops were breaking up a domestic dispute two houses away and laughing at me.
Did you know that the new Linkin Park cd A Thousand Suns comes out on September 14th?
Lately Ruby has been very emotional/Drama Queen. I think it is because of adjusting to first grade, she is not eating a good lunch at school, and not getting enough sleep. Zane is also missing Ruby like crazy so he is more emotional as well. Yesterday I was fixing dinner and the two were playing cars and dolls at the kitchen table. Ruby wanted Zane to pick out a car for her doll Chloe to drive. Zane didn't want to. Now the scene of an old married couple begins. Action-
Ruby- in a loud, desperate voice "Zane! Will you please pick out a car for Chloe!"
Zane- he is silent, with his head turned away from Ruby with his eyes closed pretending to be asleep.
Ruby- is now fake sobbing. Her shoulders are shaking. Her hands are covering her face and she says, "You don't want to pick out a car for Chloe because you don't like her anymore! Ooohhhh!!!" and runs from the room to throw herself on the couch.
I have a sound that I really like. It's not peaceful. It's not soothing. But for some reason, I love it. It is when Dewie is crunching her dry dog food. I love it. I like to hear her pick up the little pieces of food from her bowl. The tags on her collar tinkle against the bowl and then a loud CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH. It's so cute.
Ruby likes it when we are driving in the mountains and she hears the tires moving over the dirt and gravel roads. Or even when we are just hiking on a gravel road. She loves it.
I also like the sound of the wind moving the leaves in quakie trees. When we are at our cabin in Strawberry, it sounds like a waterfall. Love it.
I also love hearing Ruby and Zane give an honest, deep belly laugh. Pure delight!
What is one of your favorite sounds? Even if it is a strange one like crunching dog food- tell me!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Creepy Crawlies
Posted by Amber at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love the pitter patter sound of Gracie's bare feet running across the hard floor.
The school is close enough to my house, that I can hear the kids playing at recess. I love that one too.
And, like right now, I love the sound of silence, when my kids have gone to bed. But I only like that one for a little while. Then, I want loud back.
Loved the snake story. My favorite part was that you were playing in the trunk with Zaner. You are such a cute momma.
I like the sound of tennis balls! Hitting them or throwing them on the ground!
I like the sound of the back door closing at about 6:15, because I know it is Scott!
I love the sound of Snickers, especially right now. I know she is always by me no matter where I am at in our house!
I like your snake story. And I like that you taught Zane the dangers of playing in a trunk.
As for sounds, my favorite right now, is Landon's growl to scare me and Dylan's growl for more food!
I also like Zane and Ruby's fight!
Post a Comment