Two weekends ago we took a little camping trip up American Fork Canyon. We camped out with the Horrocks Family. After we set up camp we did a little geocaching. Here we are walking in the woods to find one. Isn't it so beautiful?
I love the fresh mountain smells. Unfortunatley, I've had a cold that has lasted about 6 weeks, so there was no fresh smellin' for me. This is the kids after they found the goods. Deegan was there, he just didn't want to be in the picture. Little stinker. Maybe he's like me and would rather be taking pictures, than be in them?

This is how we found the container.
Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. When looking for the treasure you can't let other people see you finding it. In this cache there were toys. We brought some little toys and the kids could exchange them with some in the box.

After
smores I started playing with my camera. I took this picture with a slow shutter speed. And then we decided to try some other pictures.

It was pitch black outside, ya know, from being in the mountains, at night. The kids had these little glow bracelets. This is Sweet Lew with a bracelet and a slow shutter. Cool
hugh?

Then it was my turn and I made some hearts. Can you see it?

We then tried writing the kids name with a mini flashlight. Ruby...

And Zane...

So it's completely dark. And the moon was out. So I sat on the ground and held the camera on my knees. Look how you can see the movement of the clouds and it looks so bright, when really it's around 11 pm.

Check out our Happy Campers. Who woke up at at 6:12 am. Really?

We tried out our new tent. It's called a roof top tent. It is folded up on the top of Sweet Lew's truck. When we are ready to set up the tent, we (oh, ugh, I mean, Lew) flips the thing open, pulls out the ladder and
whaaalhaaaaa!

We fit Zane, Ruby, Lew,
Koko and me. We were toasty warm. There was no danger of bears, spiders,
raccoons, ants, and my back did not kill from sleeping on a rock all night.

Cozy interior

We then had one last
geocache to end the weekend just right!
5 comments:
Do you still have that dang cold?
That tent is AWESOME! I've never heard about or seen one of those before.
Your kids are all adorable, especially at 6:12 a.m.
Totally awesome tent and trip! Oh, I hate 6:12 wake ups! So fun though!!!
That tent is sweet! What in the heck is geocache? I've never even heard of that before, sounds fun though! I love those cute kids! I need to see them!
Looks like fun! I like all of your night time pics, those are pretty tricky! And what a brilliant invention that tent is!
Thanks for taking pictures of my kids since I'm a slacker!
Post a Comment