Thursday, March 4, 2010

Domestic abuse or animal abuse?

My dog, Koko, is obsessed with light and shadows. We became aware of this about a year ago. While I was playing with a laser pen, I pointed it at the wall, and Koko attacked the wall. It resulted in a bloody chin for Koko. I'm awful.
The obsession has gotten worse. We can't use flashlights when she is near. We have trees and bird feeders in our back yard. Koko chases the little birdy shadows. Not the birds, just their shadows.

Bubble blowers are a party for Koko. She gets a tummy ache from eating all the bubbles though.
When I put my make-up, on I use a little hand held mirror. Sometimes the light will reflect off of it and splash a bit of light some where else in the room. Today it reflected a light onto my shoulder. Koko saw this and did a little nose bump to my shoulder. Kind of funny.
Koko did it again, but a little softer.
Koko sat there, staring at my shoulder and wagged her stump of a tail vigorously.
Then I found out why she is called a boxer.
SHE PUNCHED ME!
I'm not joking.
She punched me right in the shoulder with her right paw!
It hurt.
It knocked the wind out of me.
Is this domestic abuse or animal abuse?

4 comments:

The Tucketts said...

That's funny, well not really, I shouldn't laugh at abuse. I'd go with domestic, since it happened in the home. One of JoAnn's poodles punches all of the time, but she only weighs 4 lbs. I bet Koko can really pack a punch!

Jessica said...

I love it. One of these times I am going to have to see Koko in action with the bird shadows. Hows your shoulder by the way?

The Stone's said...

All I can say is I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!! And it's domestic abuse! To us! We're being abused!

The Egans said...

So hilarious! I love the picture of Koko. What funny little quirks..makes life fun!