As a mom, things start becoming not-so-embarrassing anymore. You can have casual conversations about things that would have made you blush scarlett back in the school days. In the past week I have noticed how much bowel movements, or the simply way to say it- poop, rules our lives. I have a few examples...
Dewie- Due to my lack of skills of expressing a dogs anal glands, I had to hang out at the vet for 2 hours with 2 kids and 2 dogs, pay a large vet bill, and give Dewie meds for the next two weeks. All of this was not too bad.
Lewie- I went with my Lew to his doctor this week. He is still not getting better. His problem is not the poo, it's the process of digestion and acid. The dumb doctor (I know that's harsh, but really it's been over a year now, and he is still not fixed) has pretty much given up on Lew. Lew has been researching his problem every night on-line. He has tried foods with no dairy, no gluten, no meat, no caffeine, no sugar, no acid, all wheat, all organic, all starting with the letter s, vitamins, prescriptions, expensive prescriptions, herbs, broccoli sprouts, mastic gum, chewing gum, only water, tubes in his throat, scans, blood draws, and on Monday his second endoscopy. The Dr. has now recommended taking a portion of his stomach and wrapping it around his esophagus to tighten things up. Needless to say, we will be getting a second opinion.
Macey- The post before this one was about my little cousin's baby Macey. Only 24 hours after she was born she was life flighted to Primary Children's because of her bowels. She could not poop. She is doing great now. Macey had surgery where part of her colon was removed and a colostomy bag was put in place. She will have that for about 6 months to a year and then they will surgically put things back together.
Zane-He has had a little bug this past week. He's been sick for a few days with barfing and lots of poop. Yesterday he was going pee. And you know how when little kids are sick they need help with simple tasks. So I helped him with his pants, stood behind him and was looking away to give a bit of privacy. I felt something wet on my foot? I asked Zane, "Dude, how did you manage that?" I looked down and saw liquid resembling a lime popsicle dripped on my foot.
So, apparently poop rules my life right now. I'm hoping my next poop, ugh post, will not be so yucky.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Poop
Posted by Amber at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh poop! It does rule our lives at times, it's true. I hope things get better for all of you! Just to make you feel better though, I thought you should know that when Evan was 5 weeks old, he went 11 days without pooping. On another occassion he went 9 days. But you should have seen the gift we got after he went so long! Crazy! Darn poop! It will be nice in the next life when we don't have to do it! ;)
Amber! That is crazy about Lew. Keep me updated. And poor Zane, and poor dog, and poor you! Good grief!
Post a Comment