While I have been cleaning up poo, and barf this week I have had a lot of thoughts. Nothing too deep, because of the interruptions of poo or barf. Here is a few samplings...
*I wish that we could keep some of our child thoughts into adulthood. For example, this week at Ruby's school it was spirit week. Ruby was so excited. One of the days was cowboy day. Ruby loves horses! She couldn't decide which horse shirt to wear. She wanted to take her horse on a stick to school. Ruby even wore her pink cowgirl hat all day. When I was taking her to school, I was secretly thinking I hope no one makes fun of her. She looked adorable, but sometimes kids are butts. Thankfully, she had fun and was happy she wore the outfit. I wish we could all have the innocent fun that kids have and not worry about fitting in. I know she will some day too soon, but for now I love watching her enjoy simple things.
*Walmart is scary late at night.
*Why are there big people infomercials on kids Saturday morning cartoons?
*Why do kids always get sick in the middle of the night?
*We had new carpet installed last week. Lew and I have been watching every little thing that could possibly spill, or ruin the carpet. We have been fixing up things in the house. We've lived here for 9 and 1/2 years people! Things are starting to wear out. AHHHH. I'm an old home owner. Anyway, I have been contemplating what my favorite things are to clean with. Profound, right? I have narrowed my faves down to 4 items (in no particular order)
- Comet
- Baby Wipes- Serious. Have you tried these things on baseboards or blinds? Love em. I have to make an emergency run to Target because I'm close to running out.
-The skinny attachment on the hose on the vacuum. Oh man, that baby can suck stuff up.
- Glass Cleaner. My Sweet Lew hooks me up with the good stuff. Yea.
-Spray Bleach- Die germs! Die!
Now I'm curious. Do you have a top 5 cleaning devices/solutions? Let me know.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean...
Posted by Amber at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I don't have five, but definitely magic eraser. Works wonders with lip gloss on storm doors and boot skid marks on newly painted walls!
Vinegar works on windows and in lieu of carpet shampoo in a carpet cleaner. It doesn't leave a sticky residue, so the carpets stay cleaner longer. Also, I THINK that kids get sick in the middle of the night so that they do not puke at school. We love them no matter what, but as you said....kids can be butts sometimes!!!! :)
Wipes for baseboards huh? I'll have to try it! I clean almost every surface with 409! It smells clean! I've heard magic erasers are the bomb too!
I'm excited about your new carpet! We want to come the end of March for a visit. I will see if they will let me take a day off. Cleaning supplies..hum.. Who has time to clean?
I like lysol wipes
baby wipes
spray bleach (use it on my cutting boards and counters all the time)
dish soap...it gets lots of stuff out
and this cleaner that I buy from Don Asletts. it scrubs and smells like pink mints. Yummy!
You're funny, Amber! I like Bar Keepers Friend. It's a little like Comet (the powder kind), but I think it works better on my sinks to get all those crappy marks out of it. And I hate to clean, most of the time.
Oooh, I'm excited about trying the wipes on baseboards. And I can't believe you've lived in your house for 9 and a half years. We are getting old.
Post a Comment