Macie Lyn
My wonderful, strong, beautiful cousin, Megan, had this sweet little baby last night.
She was induced yesterday morning at 9:30.
Things were progressing slowly. My mom, Cassi and I got to the hospital around 7:00 p.m.
Megan has the same doctor as Cassi and I, Dr. Nielsen.
He was at home eating dinner. He is such a funny doctor. He is really calm and relaxed. So far this month he has delivered 60 babies! Anyway, after about an hour of pushing it was looking like a regular birth was not going to happen. Dang tailbones!
After a quick C section, this little sweetheart was born.
She weighs 6 pounds 13 ounces, and is so beautiful.
We had the best time waiting for this girl to be born. In the waiting room was Megan's mom, dad, step dad, my ma, Cassi and me. I was laughing the whole time! Megan's parents have such a great relationship. Her mom is remarried and her husband and her ex-husband (my uncle) are great friends. They go golfing together and live near each other. They have a really good friendship. I really admire them. The grandparents are around the same age and they are not embarrassed to make fun of themselves. Mel (Meg's mom), was trying to change the channel with the hospital telephone, Steve, (Meg's dad) was concerned about how to play with the hospital kid toys, and I was teaching three of them how to text. They are so funny. I love being around them. But, the confusion is not for the grandparents only. Cassi and I were looking for the bathroom, and near the doors was a plastic sign that said, "Push Door To Open" after Cassi pressed the sign a few times with no results, she realized to push the door. (I just had to throw in this story. It was too funny, to pass up. I'm sure she will be able to pay me back with one of my ditsy moments soon.)
I'm so happy all went well for Megan and Macie!
Congratulations!

2 comments:
I love moments like those! You guys crack me up. That is a GORGEOUS little baby. Soooo cute!
Ah dang... She took the name I loved! I guess I'll have to find a new one. Or maybe I can still use it because her and I really aren't related? I don't want to be a name stealer. Not that I'm expecting or anything.:)
Post a Comment