Thursday, July 24, 2008

Olsen's Farm Fresh Produce

I have a really great job. I work on my Grandpa and Grandma Olsen's farm. During the summer they take produce into farmers market in Salt Lake City. It is at Liberty Park on Saturday mornings. We pick the produce on Friday nights. This is one of my favorite things to do during the summer. I love Friday nights. I get to hang out with the best grandparents in the whole world. We sit on crates in cow manure and bundle beets. I love it. My uncle Rol is the man in charge. He runs the show. He started it all and we are his field workers. It is usually Gram, Gramp, my Mom, Rol, Meredith, Devin and some times Cassi will come. Love it. We get really busy when the tomatoes are on. If anyone can make it to the market on Saturday's mention that you know me and they may throw in an extra onion or two...Petunias

This is Koda. She is our favorite goat. When she was little her foot was stuck in a fence and she has been disabled ever since. All of us will feed her a bit more than the other goats. She likes a good pat on the belly.


Owner of the farm- Gramp.




This is the new member of the farm family. She is a black deer.




This is my boss, Uncle Rol. He looks intimidating, but he's a softie on the inside.




If you can't make it to the market, we have a convenient stand to buy your veggies.


Squash.



Swiss Chard. It has some really pretty colors. I'm not doing it justice.



Yummy honey. Gramp and Rol also raise bees. This is the smooth stuff baby.

3 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

That is so cool. Please let me know where your stand is at.

The Egans said...

That is awesome! I want some veggies for sure, especially tomatoes!!! Tell me where the stand is too!

The Meier Family said...

Wow Amber, I didn't know any of this: the farm, the stand, etc... I'm so going to the stand. I'm assuming it's at the address thats on the honey jar. I'm the smartest sister!