Friday, January 7, 2011

Rootbeer Float Cookies

I got a cookie book recipe from my mom-in-law for Christmas. This is a tasty recipe from there. I felt a little jipped because the picture in the book has root beer colored cookies and mine turned out tan. So if you want rich brown cookies, your gonna have to add some food coloring. Lew gave this cookie a 5.

Root Beer Float Cookies

3/4 c sugar

3/4 c brown sugar

1 c butter, softened

1/4 c milk

2 eggs

2 tbs. root beer flavoring/extract

4 c flour

pinch of salt

1 tsp. baking soda

Cream Glaze

Directions;

Cream together sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add milk, eggs, and root beer extract. Stir to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Then place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 (I had to do 13) minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Frost with cream glaze.

Cream Glaze;

2-3 Tbs cream (I ended up using about 10 to get a smoother consistency)

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

gently whisk all ingredients until all lumps are gone. Drizzle over cooled cookies.

0 comments: