Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue Blood

Oh my little blog.
I think about you all the time.
You are there in the back of my mind. Always pestering me. Always wanting an update. Always.
I've pushed you away for too long...
I ask myself questions about a past holiday, or event? I'll think- oohh! check your blog. Oh wait, you haven't updated it for-ev-er. Maybe I need to update it so I'm not just talking to myself all the time? Maybe I need to blog more often so my kids can see that I didn't just make them do homework all day.
What ever my reasoning, I'm jumping back in baby! Here we go with the important stuff!!!
Deep breath...


Cars
Vehicles
Point A to Point B

We bought a new one, and I'm loving it! Oh Nelly, I love this car. We have had so many cars. Multiple. Lots. So after this long, I don't really give a crap about what kind of car I have. My little dumpy Honda does the job. It goes when I want it to go. If I get it dirty, the kids spill food, or the dogs get nose prints on the windows, great! And, it's paid for. No payments.
Introducing... Blue blood!
We got a Subaru WRX. This thing is so fast. Oh, I love it! It's bright blue too! It's so fun. It just wants to go fast. It can't help it. We live up hill, and it can take it like nothin'. If you move the steering wheel a little, it turns! So very fun! Ruby gave it the name blue blood.? Lew and I call it BB. Zane loves it too.
So when we got this car, we started thinking, how many cars have we had. 18!!! Not kidding. We have had 17 vehicles during this marriage of 12 1/2 years. Here is my list....

07 Subaru Impreza WRX- Blue Blood

97 Toyota 4-runner. Green. I called it the buffalo because it was slower than an old, arthritic buffalo. It was uncomfortable. Like wearing tight pants.

97 Honda Civic. Green. It just goes. It's hood is peeling, but I love it.

02 Toyota Tacoma, Silver. We named it Gordon because we bought it the weekend of President Hinkley's funeral. We do still have this.

97 Honda Accord. Green.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Green. Really. We had this many green vehicles made in 97.

03 Chevy Pick-up. gold

91 Chevy Pick-up. Blue and silver. Grandpa looking truck

92 Acura Integra. Black. This felt like a low rider. I couldn't see around any cars in front of me. It felt like your bum was going to hit the ground.

97 Toyota Tacoma. Maroon. We named him Clark. He was lots of fun. We had to blast Linkin Park on the stereo when he drove away to help us cheer up. It was a sad day, but we sold it so we could have a sweet girl named Ruby.

89 Chevy Pick-up. Maroon. It was named Mo. Like Moab, cause it was a monster truck.

92 Jeep Wrangler. Blue. We named it Papa Smurf. Cause it looked like a smurf.

95 Toyota Tacoma. Cobalt Blue. Lew named her Maxine. He bought her when he got home from his mission. I really loved her too. I miss her smell...

62 International Scout. It started out red with a goat living in it. It ended up army green with a sticker on the side that said "Dumb Ass Off-Road". It was my Lew's other love.

97 Honda Civic. Silver. It was named Sparky. It was just cute.

95 Honda Civic. Black. She was named Alex. I thought I was cool.

78 Ford pick- up. I think black?

And Lew also went through 5 work vans. The years were 95, 99, 05, 06 and a 2010. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for them.

Phew! That's a lot. It's a good thing Lew is good with cars.
More posts to come...

1 comments:

The Egans said...

Love the new car Amber! So cute, and fits you well!I want to see your house!